Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Catherine Pooler Designs | Holiday Tag Commission #1

I received a large tag commission from one of our friends so I thought it would be fun to split it up and make three different designs. That way, they can choose which design best suits the recipient. This first set is based on their Australian Shepherd and, of course, I used none other than the popular Peeking Pets stamp set and coordinating dies! All of these tags open up like a card to accommodate a handwritten message.

I started by die cutting the tags from the Layered Tag Dies. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Nice List stamp set using Deck the Halls ink. Then I use a blender brush to ink up the bottoms of the tags with It's a Boy ink.

Next, I stamped and die cut the pup and Santa hats using Black Jack ink. I used a blender brush to ink up the bottoms of the pups with Twilight ink. To embellish the hats, I used Cranberry Fizz to watercolour the hats - albeit very quickly since they were not stamped on watercolour cardstock - and used an embossing pen to add white puff twinkle embossing powder. This makes the fluffy part of the hats very textured and sparkly.


I used scor-tape to adhere the pups flat to the card and used foam tape to adhere the hats. To finish, I looped sheer organdy ribbon through the holes in the tag and tied it with metallic silver cord. Then I added crystal stars to add a bit more shine for another festive element.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

2 comments:

Purple Princess said...

such cute tags

Denise Bryant said...

Super cute tags! Love the adorable critters!