Sunday, December 13, 2020

Catherine Pooler Designs | Happy New Year


I love making New Year's cards! If there's one thing I love making more than Christmas cards, it's Happy New Year cards. It's also rare to see great Happy New Year sentiments so when I see one, I have to have the stamp set and that's why I love Cocktail Party so much!

This time, I wanted to pair up the Happy New Year sentiment from that stamp set with the fabulous Sparkle and Pop stamp set, which is perfect for celebrations of all kinds, but especially New Year's.


There's usually a lot of gold involved in a New Year's Eve celebration so I wanted to do a lot of heat embossing with WOW! Metallic Gold Rich embossing powder. Using my MISTI stamping tool, I stamped the sentiment first and arranged the fireworks around it.


I heat embossed the gold fireworks first, then used life changing blender brushes to ink up the top of the card, using It's a Boy, Fiesta Blue, Daydream and Juniper Mist, in that order.

After the ink blending was done, I stamped additional fireworks in the four blues - It's a BoyFiesta BlueDaydream and Juniper Mist - to fill in the ink blended spaces. This filled up the sky with bursts and added lots of dimension to this flat, easy-to-mail card.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

1 comment:

Anamymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.