Friday, January 15, 2021

Catherine Pooler Designs | I Love You Soy Bundle


Hello, friends! I'm back with another delicious card featuring the I Love You Soy Bundle from Catherine Pooler's Love-n-Hearts Release! I also used three of the new inks from the Date Night Collection and Do-Si-Do might be my favourite new colour. As I mentioned in my previous post, the I Love You Soy Patterned Paper pack is my favourite ever. They're just so inspiring and an easy way to jump start my cards!


I used the Cummerbund and white striped paper to create my shaker card. Then I stamped and die cut a ton of images from Hey There Dumpling in more colour combinations than you can imagine. I even masked off the inside of the soy bottle to get pure colours of Catching Rays and Cummerbund inks.


Before adhering the images to the card front, I used the Nested Oval Dies to create a window in the front of the patterned paper panel to create the shaker element. I also used the new Halo Embossing Glitter on the frame for a super shiny holographic finish.


I added the new Romance Sequin Mix before attaching the patterned paper panel to the card base. Then I assembled all of the images and attached them to the front of the card using a combination of liquid glue, glue dots and foam tape. For example, the fortune cookies are flat, except for the fortunes. It adds an extra element of interest to the card.


This card is definitely busier than my usual designs but it was so much fun to make. I'm looking forward to playing with this set again and coming up with new colour combinations with the new Date Night Collection.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

3 comments:

Cindy C. said...

So cute!!

Lindsey said...

How can I not say... this is SOY cute! I love the little clusters of happy sushi surrounding the shaker element. The colours are fantastic!

~amy~ said...

super cute!