Monday, January 25, 2021

Studio Katia | Valentine Hugs


Happy Monday, crafty friends! Today, I'm sharing the Valentine's Day card I made for my son. I combined the Cactus Hugs and Potted Plants stamp and die sets, with the Stitch Borders dies.


The four cacti and the sentiment are from the Cactus Hugs stamp set. The flowers at the top right and the little hearts are from the Potted Plants stamp set. 


I love customizing all of the little pots with the various faces. Since I created a grid on this card design, it was easy to heat emboss and watercolour them using the same distress inks.


I used the largest of the Stitch Borders dies to create the top panel and smooshed the same two colours I used to colour the pots - shabby shutters and evergreen bough - with shimmer spritz to make it ultra sparkly. Then I used the tool 'n' one to remove some of the holes and adhered it to cookie monster background.


I repeated the sentiment, leaving a space to pop up the tiny hearts from the Potted Plants stamp set. Then I added an assortment of Seafoam Pearls with liquid glue and an embellishment wand.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies