Tuesday, January 26, 2021

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Snarky Mini Slim Cards feat. Cap It Off Alpha

I'm excited to be sharing a new video for Taylored Expressions! Today is the new Mini Slim Essentials Release and I have a trio of cards featuring the new and totally awesome Cap It Off Alpha dies.


On each of the cards, I combined the Cap It Off Alpha dies with the Simple Strips - Snarky, Simple Strips - Asymmetrical Die and Cattitude clear stamp set.


The snarky strips inspired my cards and this first one was also inspired by the cat holding a martini. It was too funny to not use! The large sparkly sentiment looks a little like M-O-R-T-I-N-I but that also works and adds to the punny-ness of the card.


For all of these cards, I used the new Mini Slim Side-Fold Card Bases. Top-folding card bases are also available using the same link and, as noted in my previous video, you can't cut top-folding mini slim card bases with letter-sized cardstock so they are great to purchase in that format!


In the background, I used the Masking Stencils - Stars with Blender Brushes and Watermelon, Sweet Potato Pie and Lemon Meringue inks.


For my second card, the grumpy or grumbly cat from Cattitude works so well with the M-O-N-D-A-Y spelled out in black with the Cap It Off Alpha dies.


For this particular sentiment, the Set the Scene - Clouds Stencil Strips and Sea Salt, Earl Grey and Poppy Seed inks made the perfect backdrop.


Monday's snarky strip cracks me up and is probably my favourite of all the Simple Strips - Snarky. I'd love to hear what combinations you'd use for a card!


My final card is a colourful one and my son's favourite. This time, I used Peapod, Cookie Monster and Jelly Donut cardstock for the Cap It Off Alpha dies.


For the background, symbolizing fun, I used the Bokeh Layering Stencil and ink blended the three layers with Lime Zest, Sprinkles and Jelly Donut inks. I wasn't able to work in a cat into this design, mostly because of the busy background, but adding the fun little word Doh! worked well and panders to my son's love for The Simpsons.


I hope you enjoyed watching today's snarky video. Please visit the shop links below to shop the new Mini Slim Essentials Release and more!

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

No comments: