Monday, February 8, 2021

Spellbinders | February 2021 Small Die of the Month


Hello, friends! I'm back with some inspiration for the Spellbinders Small Die of the Month and this month's membership is packed with 10 dies. I'm in love with all of the details in these dies so I wanted to make my card colourful like European tiles. The Spellbinders Platinum 6 die cutting machine cuts them beautifully and the awesome tool 'n one removes all the pieces so easily.


The large die, which you see in audrey blue cardstock is sized to fit two next to each other on an A2 card base. I off-centred the audrey blue die cut and used my guillotine trimmer to cut a second white die cut, then used liquid glue to adhere the white pieces to the linen card base.


Before adhering the audrey blue die cut, I trimmed a piece of slate gray cardstock and adhered that to the back of the audrey blue die cut before attaching that panel to the card base. For the foliage and sentiment pieces, I six of the smaller dies to cut backgrounds from woodgrain cardstock, then die cut the details from green apple and sunshine cardstock. The woodgrain layers were stacked on two additional white layers for mailable dimension.

To create the tiled look on the main panel, I re-cut it from silver glitter, sea glass and orange peel cardstock. Then I mapped out a patterned and adhered the pieces using liquid glue and tweezers. The process may seem time-consuming and tedious but it was really fun and relaxing!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Just this morning I was thinking about needing an tool-n-one! LOL Such pretty colours for this tile-like card.

Purple Princess said...

so gorgeous!!