Thursday, February 25, 2021

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Diamond Botanical Stamp Set, Dies & Masking Stencils


I hope this post finds you well, and perhaps enjoying warmer temperatures! The sun is out here for the first time this week so I'm grateful for that. This post features new products from the Taylored Expressions Spring/Easter Release, including the Diamond Botanical Stamp Set, Diamond Botanical Die and Diamond Masking Stencils, which all coordinate together.

You'll remember that the Diamond Masking Stencils were the December 2020 gift with purchase of over $100 and I featured them in a video HERE. They're now available for purchase individually, with or without the new Diamond Botanical Stamp Set and Diamond Botanical Die.

I prepared all three of the cards by stamping multiple copies of the Diamond Botanical image with Oreo ink, then colouring them with Copic markers. You can find all the colours listed in the supply links below. My first card is a shaker that I created by using both pieces of the Diamond Botanical Die.

I filled in the spaces behind the frame by flipping the image, turning it on an angle and stamping it in Sea Salt ink before creating walls with foam sticky strips to house the glitter contained in the shaker. I trimmed the panel before adhering it to a Pumpkin card base.

It's a toss-up as to whether the shaker or this uncoloured card is my favourite of the three but I think it's this one, mostly because I really loved using three different stencils, including the Diamond Masking Stencils, to create this look.

First, I secured the large Rectangle Masking Stencil to the uncoloured image and layered the Candy Cane Stripes stencil on top of that. I used Candy Corn and Pumpkin inks, and a coordinating blender brush, to ink blend two of the corners. I wiped down the stencils, flipped the Candy Cane Stripes stencil 180 degrees on its vertical axis so the stripes would be facing the other direction. Then I used Cookie Monster and Poblano Pepper inks on those corners.

I removed the stencils, then used the smaller of the two Diamond Masking Stencils to protect the previously stencilled areas. I reattached the Candy Cane Stripes stencil, making sure to line up the lines with the previous ink blending. Then I used Candy Corn and Cookie Monster inks to lightly blend inside the diamond.

To finish, I used the Diamond Botanical Die to partial die cut around the edges of the botanicals, popping up that portion with foam tape and adding clear drops. Be sure to watch my video to hear the funny story about this card!

My last card is very clean and simple with straightforward stamping and colouring of the Diamond Botanical image. I didn't use any dies or masking stencils on this card. 

I simply trimmed the panel shorter at the top and bottom to expose the Poblano Pepper card base. This card is nice and flat, and will travel through the mail easily without extra postage. Which of these three cards is your favourite?

Don't forget, you have a few more days to get the Bursting Blooms Stamp Set free with every $100+ purchase and you can watch my video on this stamp set HERE.


Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Wow, Em, these cards are absolutely gorgeous!!!