Thursday, February 18, 2021

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Mini Slimline Card Ideas feat. Bursting Blooms February Freebie


Hello, crafty friends! I've had enough of winter and snow so I'm more than ready for spring! I'm looking forward to making Easter cards and not having to wear a huge coat and boots. Today's video features the stunning February 2021 gift with $100+ purchase from Taylored Expressions and it's a rubber cling stamp set called Bursting Blooms. This is a stamp set you'll reach for over and over again!



As I'll explain in my video, the blooms image is absolutely stunning and the size makes it so easy to colour and create clean and simple cards with. It takes centre stage and you don't really have to add anything other than a bit of colouring. Who wouldn't love to receive a card with these blooms?


I chose the mini slimline format for both my cards and I stamped the blooms diagonally across the first panel cut from Stitched Mini Slim Stacklets. I quickly coloured these blooms using V12, V15, V17, YG01, YG03 and YG25 Copic markers.


I added a sentiment from Bursting Blooms and layered the panel on Lavender Glaze cardstock cut from the Petite Scallop Mini Slim Stacklets and attached it to a side-fold card base in Granny Smith.


My second card features the masking technique. I stamped the top portion of the Bursting Blooms three times starting from the left. I tilted the stamp at different angles to make it look more natural. Then I coloured these ones with E40, E41, E43YG01YG03 and YG25 Copic markers.


This time, I wanted to feature an Easter sentiment so I combined On the Block - Happy with a heat embossed sentiment from Building Blocks - Happy Additions. I attached this panel on to a gold glitter panel cut with the Petite Scallop Mini Slim Stacklets and adhered them to a side-fold card base in Jelly Donut.


I rarely use purple on my cards but after making these cards, I may have to use this colour more often! I love both of these equally and can't choose a favourite, especially in the mini slimline format. Do you have a favourite? 


Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

1 comment:

LIZARD said...

Just watched your video & super enjoyed it! Great color palettes and I like how you did the white flower version in addition to the green & purple.😃 Thanks for the inspiration!!!!