Thursday, April 22, 2021

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Friendship Cards feat. NEW Black & White Blender Brushes and Stencils

I'm so excited to share Taylored Expressions' new blender brushes and stencils with you! I'm highlighting the Black & White Blender Brushes in today's post, along with some of the new stencils from the latest release. I was super excited to see a white blender brushes in particular because I've been wanting a brush just for white pigment ink. I really hope that a clear brush for watermark ink isn't too far behind. ;)


I made three different cards, using both the Black & White Blender Brushes and three new stencils, one on each card.


On my first card, I used eight shades of Liquid Watercolor - from top to bottom: Jelly Donut, Plum Punch, Candy Corn, Peaches 'n Cream, Blue Raspberry, Blue Corn, Peapod and Oreo - to create a very quick and easy sunset background. I used my heat tool to dry the layers as I moved down the panel. When the panel was completed and dried, I die cut it with the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets.


I used the Black Blender Brush with the Delightful Daisy Stencil and ink blended a frame of daisies in two corners of the watercolored panel using Earl GreyPoppy Seed and Oreo inks.


I die cut the large letters from Cap It Off Alpha, from both Oreo Cardstock and Silver Glitter Cardstock, stacking the layers with liquid glue. I heat embossed the sentiment from Just Saying and die cut it using the Building Blocks Die. After assembling the layers, I added onyx pearls to the centres of the daisies.


On my second card, I used the Black Blender Brush with the Dahlia Stencil and randomly ink blended three dahlias in each of the three inks - Sea SaltPoppy Seed and Oreo. It creates so much layering and depth for a really full and beautiful background.


I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.5" so it would show some of the Plum Punch card base. Then I ombre stamped On the Block - Love in Jelly Donut and Plum Punch, finishing it with a heat embossed layer of sparkle embossing powder for a stunning jewel finish.


I die cut the word using the coordinating On the Block - Love Shadow, die cutting it a second time from Oreo Cardstock. I also heat embossed a sentiment from Building Blocks - Love Additions and popped up both elements with foam tape.


For my third and final card, I used the White Blender Brush with the Roundabout Stencil and Sugar Cube Ink on Oreo Cardstock. I applied sparkle embossing powder and set it with my heat tool. I applied the same process with the sketched lines stamp from Social Butterflies and sentiment from Diamond Botanical.


I stamped the butterflies with Poppy Seed and rock 'n rolled the filler stamps with Granny Smith and Blue Raspberry. To finish, I scored the wings and applied foam tape under the wings to add dimension. I attached the panel to a Blue Raspberry card base and added some gems to embellish the card.


The entire release is being offered at a great price! Just click on the image or in the supply links below to head to the shop.

Thanks so much for watching and happy shopping!

Supplies

1 comment:

Stacey Kowbel said...

Fabulous cards! I love your colourful watercolour background on the first card - gorgeous!