Monday, May 17, 2021

Catherine Pooler Designs | You're the Greatest feat. *NEW* Beach Retreat Inks

I'm here to share a card combining two stamp sets that were added to the Catherine Pooler shop for Spring! First Place and Superlatives were originally part of the Deluxe Club Sursee Subscription in March 2021 but now they're available for individual purchase. I fell in love with them the moment I saw them and you'll see why they'll be getting a lot of use in my craft room!

For my colour palette, I used all four of the Beach Retreat inks along with Shea Butter, which goes incredibly well with the new blues and greens! I started by stamping three trophies from First Place in Tranquil, Cove Blue and Shea Butter. I just love how the coordinating dies cut out the space for the handles.

Next, I stamped the laurel leaves for the Shea Butter trophy in Bay Breeze and the laurel leaves for the other two trophies in Sea Glass. The row of three stars is from First Place and the single large star is from  Superlatives. I stamped those using watermark ink and heat embossed them with WOW metallic gold embossing powder.

To create the background, I used the GREATEST word die from First Place Dies to die cut it six times in random places from the front panel. On a slightly smaller panel, I used blending brushes and all six ink colours including the Beach Retreat inks and Shea Butter to add colour behind the die cut words.

After I stamped the sentiment on the Shea Butter trophy, I also used the tiny bubbles image from Good Times Bits and Borders to add black dots behind the ends of the GREATEST cutouts. Then I attached both panels to the card base and popped up the trophies on the card. To finish my card, I used two strands of metallic gold thread and added little bows underneath the heat embossed stars.

Be sure to check out the Waves of Happiness release which coordinates beautifully with the Beach Retreat inks!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and happy shopping!

Supplies

1 comment: