Monday, May 31, 2021

Ellen Hutson | Two Graduation Cards + Memorial Day Sale!

Hello, crafty friends! Today, I'm sharing a couple of graduation cards using a suuuper fun die called Mondo OMG that is new to my stash. Since this die cuts out the jumbo letters, resulting in both negative and positive pieces, I thought I'd go the 2-for-1 route which I almost never do. This die definitely made it easy to design two quick and easy cards.

You know I'm a huge fan of shaker cards so it was a given that I'd use the negative space to create a shaker, which I filled with Catherine Pooler's Berryton, Tinseltown and Pretty Pink Posh's Sparkling Clear Stars sequins.

Both my card bases and front panels were cut from white linen cardstock. First, I cut strips of silver glitter cardstock and patterned paper from Catherine Pooler's Great Start 6x6 paper pack and adhered them to the front of the panel with a tape runner.

Also featured are the little bear from Bear Ware 4 and his graduation cap, diploma, flowers and secondary sentiment are from Bear Ware 3. I love this little bear that holds things and he fit perfectly into the big letter O. I used Catherine Pooler's Rouge, Hot Tub and Juniper Mist inks to stamp the images and secondary sentiment. Using an acrylic block, I rock 'n rolled the bouquet to get all three ink colours on the image.

On the second card, I also used a sentiment from the Nice of You stamp set. To get the strip to match the patterned papers, I used the direct-to-paper technique and swiped the Juniper Mist ink pad on Neenah solar white cardstock and allowed it to dry before heat embossing the sentiment in white. I stamped the graduation hats and diplomas to match and adhered everything with micro glue dots and foam tape.

I also die cut the Mondo OMG three more times from white linen cardstock, and red and navy cardstock from my stash to give the letters more dimension. You can see how much it adds in terms of visual interest in the close-up photo.

Today ONLY, take advantage of the Flash Sale at EllenHutson.com! Save $20 off purchases of $100 or more using code MEMORIAL2021.

Thanks so much for stopping by and happy shopping!

Supplies