Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Reverse Confetti | May 8th Release | Countdown to Confetti Day 1


Hello, friends! I'm so excited to be joining the Countdown to Confetti with Reverse Confetti for their newest release. It's a big one because it's Reverse Confetti's 8th Birthday! There are 6 new stamp sets and 9 new die sets, plus there's the free stamp set with every qualifying purchase. There will be sneak peek posts every day until the release on May 8th. The full hop list and complete giveaway details are below so let's take a look at my projects!


My first card features the Cup of Friendship stamp set and coordinating dies. This stunning stamp set has two large floral images and I used the horizontal planter on my first card and the mug bouquet on my second card.


I stamped two of the planters on watercolour cardstock with black pigment ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I used distress inks to watercolour the images and you can find all those colours in the supply links below. Next, I die cut the Oval Window Cover Panel three times from fog, slate and watercolour cardstock.


I used Speckled Egg distress ink to blend the top and bottoms of the inner oval. Then I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from the Cup of Friendship stamp set. I adhered the main panel directly to the card base using liquid glue. Then I stacked three layers of the slate gray oval border to give it some dimension and inserted the sentiment panel flat. I popped the watercoloured images on to the card with foam tape and embellished them with iridescent clear crystals.


My second card features the Happy Coordinates stamp set and Happy dies. As I mentioned above, I also used the mug bouquet from Cup of Friendship. My father has been an avid gardener his whole life and I always make him a Father's Day card with flowers. This was the perfect opportunity to get his card done.


I created the mug bouquet as indicated above and set it aside while I prepared the watercoloured panel. I used Dried Marigold, Scattered Straw, Old Paper and Speckled Egg mini distress ink cubes and the direct-to-paper technique to swipe colour from the bottom edge. Then I used a mister bottle to spritz water on the ink, letting it run a bit while I used my heat tool to quickly dry it.


I die cut the Happy dies three times from watercolour cardstock, black cardstock and pearl gold cardstock. I used an ink blending tool to add Speckled Egg to the bottom two thirds of the watercolour layer, then used liquid glue to adhere the black layer on top, followed by the individual pearl gold letters. 


After determining placement of all the elements. I stamped and heat embossed the Father's Day sentiment from Happy Coordinates at the bottom of the panel. Then I used liquid glue to adhere the Happy die and popped up the mug bouquet from Cup of Friendship. Before securing the panel to the card base, I trimmed a strip of micro checkers from a retired paper pad called Stitched by Amy Tangerine. To finish, I added a few iridescent bubbles.



 

PRIZES
We're giving away a $15 gift certificate to one blog commenter and a $15 gift certificate to one Facebook commenter. The more you comment, the higher your chances of winning, so be sure to leave some love at every stop and be sure to head over to Reverse Confetti's Facebook Page following each countdown day's blog hop. Comments close at noon CST on May 7, 2021 and the winner will be announced at 5:00pm on May 7, 2021 on the Reverse Confetti Blog and Facebook Page.

Thanks so much for hopping along!

Supplies

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

These are beautiful Emily!

Kathy said...

Love them both, especially the first with the design shown two ways.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love the flowers! Gorgeous cards!

Janet said...

Lovely cards! Thanks for the inspiration. Can't wait to see more!

Natalie said...

Lovely cards Emily. I really like the one you made for your father. The cup flowers is so pretty.

Denise Bryant said...

Love these pretty flowers! Beautiful cards!

Carmela said...

Cute cards! Love the flowers and the tea cup!

Purple Princess said...

gorgeous cards!!

LIZARD said...

The teacup card is super sweet! A delight in a cup! The flowers in this release are so fun looking and I like the two different sets of them. Very pretty with the oval die. :)