Sunday, July 18, 2021

Pigment Craft | Happy Day


Hello, crafty friends! If you shopped at Pigment Craft Co. during the Canada Day Video Hop, you would've received a free Folkart Floral Stencil FREE with your $50+ purchase. I sat down in the middle of the night to play with mine because I knew I wouldn't have been able to fit in some playtime otherwise. I really should've gone to bed but sometimes you just have to follow your mojo. Plus, I still had wine to finish so that's my real excuse. LOL


I started by choosing four of my go-to Catherine Pooler ink colours for the stencilling - Mint To Be, Melon Ice, Aquatini and Sweet Sixteen. The stencil is a three-step stencil so you can use the same colour for all the blooms or mask off the four blooms and ink them up with different colours.


I stencilled the Folkart Florals twice, as mirror images, on a 7" x 7" piece of white cardstock and added details using Copic markers. I stamped the Happy Day sentiment from the Dashing Sentiments stamp set in Tranquil, Cove Blue and Juniper Mist to create an ombre effect. Then I die cut it using the coordinating die, and also die cut a second piece from silver glitter cardstock.


I cut down the stencilled piece to fit the A2 card base and attached it using a tape runner. After stacking the die cut sentiments with double-sided adhesive, I added foam tape to the back and popped that on to the card. To finish, I embellished the card with silver pearls.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the colors of the floral design and the wonderful sentiment.