Sunday, October 24, 2021

Catherine Pooler | Be Thankful Always

I whipped up this card over two days, in between all the craziness of life and my design team assignments. It's not too often that I get to make something just because so it felt nice and was very satisfying! This card is perfect for an autumn thank you card or for the upcoming American Thanksgiving holiday. I used six stamp and die sets from Catherine Pooler, plus the complete set of eight Luxe Ink Pads  including the six new Luxe Ink Pads. If you don't have the previously released colours from the new collection, you can by all eight colours together HERE.

I knew I wanted to use the squirrel from Warm My Heart, which I stamped in Black Jack since most of our squirrels are black. I also stamped the little acorn several times, using Deck the Halls for the cupule and Icing on the Cake for the nut. I ombre-stamped the wagon with Sand Castle, Over Coffee and Icing on the Cake to use as a crate. Also from the same set, I stamped the cardinal with Cranberry Fizz and Icing on the Cake, and the three different leaves in GlitzFlame and Glam.

The chair is from His and Hers and I stamped it with Dress Blues. I had a hard time deciding if I wanted the squirrel sitting on the chair cushion or on the very top since both versions looked good. My husband said that the squirrel hides too much of the chair when in it so I placed him on top. Squirrels like high vantage points anyway. ;)

To create the dry embossed panel, I trimmed it to 3.75" x 5" and used the Narrow Stripe Cover Plate Die to create a detailed stripes in the top lefthand corner. Then I ombre-stamped the sentiment from Give Thanks Sentiments using Martini, Uptown and Deck the Halls. I also used the Morning Joe Border Dies with two prints from Across the Globe to create the anchor for my scene, which is also a great transition piece to the sentiment.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

2 comments:

Purple Princess said...

just lovely

Ethan Henry said...

That's a great content, exactly what I was looking for. Thank you mens brown real leather biker jacket and continue doing a good job!