Saturday, October 23, 2021

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Handmade for the Holidays feat. Snow Squad Tag Set


Welcome! I hope you're all having a wonderful fall weekend. It's finally gotten cool here and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I was still wearing a t-shirt and shorts last week. I do love sweaters and puffy vests but they'll take some getting used to! At least it feels right to be making a video for Christmas tags. These feature the new Snow Squad Die & Clear Stamp Combo from the Handmade for the Holidays Release by Taylored Expressions.


I made two styles of tags using the Snow Squad Die & Clear Stamp Combo. As always, the first thing I do is choose the colour theme and the main colours featured here are Cookie MonsterPlum Punch and Eggplant. Staples include Sugar CubeToffee and Oreo. Also included are white, black and gold glitter cardstock.


The tag bases for both sets of tags were cut from the two largest sizes of Tag Stacklets 2 and Pierced Tag Stacklets 2, which layer on top of each other, leaving a tiny border.


In order to make sure that the three main colours - Cookie MonsterPlum Punch and Eggplant - are represented on each tag, I rotated the colours for each animal's scarf and noses. Since the noses were small, I used that same colour for the Tag Reinforcements.


I used the white blender brush with Sugar Cube pigment ink and the Stencil Strips - Holiday stencils to add detail to the tops of each tag. I just love this added detail, especially the white on kraft!


Other small details include gold tinsel heat embossing on the scarves and stamped cheeks using Cupcake ink.


For all six tags, I die cut white glitter snow hills using the Build a Scene - Rolling Hills dies. On the smaller tags, I placed the hills behind the animals and on the larger tags, I tucked the animals behind the top edge of the hill.


On the smaller tags, I stamped sentiments directly on the tags, on top of the stencilled details using the Pretty Package - Holiday Tags stamp set. On the larger tags, I stamped sentiments from Tag Team - Christmas directly on to colour coordinated Tag Team Dies. All tags were embellished with black white twine.

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

1 comment:

SmilynStef said...

Colors ... layout ... sentiment ... glittere ... total perfection.