Friday, October 15, 2021

Ellen Hutson | Essentials by Ellen Winter + Christmas Release IG Hop


Ellen Hutson's Winter + Christmas Essentials by Ellen Release is available NOW and the Brand Ambassadors are celebrating with an Instagram Hop to bring you inspiration using these fabulous new products! While appreciated, comments left here are not eligible for one of three $25 gift certificates. Please head to Instagram for all the details! 


I made two cards using five of the new release products, including the Fa La La background stamp, Essential Arches for Stitching, Snowflakes Dies, Snowflake Hot Foil Stamp, and the Sending Holiday Cheer stamp set.


On my first card, I heat embossed the Fa La La background stamp using WOW Rockin' Red by Catherine Pooler embossing powder on black cardstock. I trimmed the panel to 4" x 5.25" and attached it to the white linen card base tucked down in the bottom righthand corner.


I heat foiled the Snowflake Hot Foil Stamp on red cardstock and used the largest of the Snowflakes Dies to die cut it. You can see a bit of the red edge around the foiling but I also used that same die to cut the snowflake from red glitter cardstock, which I used as a shadow before popping it up on foam tape.


Before stamping the sentiment from the Sending Holiday Cheer stamp set, I used one of the Farmhouse Tags dies to partially die cut the cardstock on the fishtail end. Then I stamped the sentiment and used the same fishtail end of the die to cut the other end to form a banner.


On my second card, I again heat embossed the Fa La La background stamp, this time with clear embossing powder directly on the white linen card base. I used the original Essential Arches to cut an outline frame in kraft cardstock, then used the new Essential Arches for Stitching to create a smaller panel, which I white heat embossed the gift with purchase, Oh What Fun.


After attaching the larger frame to the card base with liquid glue, I popped up the sentiment panel with foam tape.

I cut the three smallest Snowflakes Dies, from red glitter cardstock and layered them on white cardstock for a slight shadow to allow them to pop against the black panel. Then I used liquid glue to attach them to the card.


If you spend $75 or more on Essentials by Ellen products (new and old - check the sale below!), you will receive the Oh What Fun stamp set free! 


Be sure to check out the Fall Savings Sale! Everything in the sales category is 30% off from October 15-17th and no code is needed.

Thanks so much for hopping along with us!

Supplies

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Those are so gorgeous! Wonderful and well designed Christmas offerings.

Purple Princess said...

such lovely cards