Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Pigment Craft | Merry Christmas + A Happy New Year


Hello, crafty friends! I'm so excited to be guesting on the Pigment Craft blog today with these two cards using products from the October Release! As I've mentioned before, I love anything font-related and these two Merry Christmas and Happy New Year stamp sets with coordinating dies had to be highlighted!

To create the Merry Christmas card, I first used the Bold Diagonal Stripe Stencil to dry emboss the background panel. I ran both stencils through my die cutting machine at the same time, using the embossing pad and plate to get the double striped detailing and I love the way it looks!

Then I stamped several Whimsy Snowflakes using Jade, Eucalyptus and Sage inks. After using the coordinating Whimsy Snowflakes Dies, I arranged them on the dry embossed panel, popping up three on foam tape and glueing three flat.

I stamped Merry Christmas using Fig, Tumeric and Fir inks, then die cut it using the coordinating Merry Christmas Dies and silver glitter cardstock. After assembling the card, I added white pearls in the centres of three of the snowflakes.

For my Happy New Year card, I created my card base and panel from white linen cardstock before stamping the blooms and foliage from the Festive Floral stamp set. The ink colours for the flowers are Glow, Quince, Terracotta and Fig. The ink colours for the foliage are JadeEucalyptusSage and Fir inks.


I die cut the stamped images using the coordinating Festive Floral Dies and arranged them around the perimeter of the card, popping the biggest flowers up with foam tape and attaching the rest with a combination of glue dots and liquid glue.


I stamped Happy New Year in both Fir and Seagrass, so I could use the Seagrass hearts as accents. Again, I used silver glitter cardstock as the shadow cut from the Happy New Year Die to make this as festive as possible!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope these projects inspire you to create this week.

Supplies