Sunday, October 10, 2021

Spellbinders | October 2021 Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month


Oh my goodness, have you seen hot foiling dies more beautiful? When I first saw the Spellbinders October 2021 Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month - Glimmering Autumn Woods, my jaw hit the floor. Fall is my favourite season and I adore this combination of images, even more so when they're hot foiled with Copper Hot Foil, which is included in this month's kit but also available for purchase individually.


I started by choosing my cardstock and the colours of Bazzill cardstock featured on all my Spellbinders Kit Club cards for this month are Pale Rose (background panel), Candy Hearts (pink), Wax Lips (red), Robin's Egg (turquoise), Candy Necklace (light teal) and Jawbreaker (dark teal).


I had so much fun foiling all the images and arranging them on the panel. The mushroom image actually comes with a separate die for the stem so you can overlay two colours but I left it in a single colour on this particular card. You can see at the end of those post a sneak peek of my second card where I did use a two-toned mushroom.


I decided to repeat the sentiment three times on Jawbreaker cardstock and used the sentiment strip die from Sweet & Snarky Birthday Wishes to partially die cut it in the correct length. All of the images except the flowers were popped up with foam tape and the flowers were adhered with glue dots.


I trimmed the overhanging parts from the Pale Rose panel and adhered it to a kraft card base. I had so much fun making this card and used some of the extra pieces to make a clean and simple version in what I'd call a reverse portion of colours which I'll feature in my next blog post!

Here's a list of kits I share each month and some of the value kits:

Don't forget to check out the Scary Good Sale and get up to 40% off stamps, dies and more!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies