Sunday, October 3, 2021

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Little Critters-Christmas Mini Slim Card Set

Hello, friends! Now that it's fall, Christmas is not too far off and I'm starting to see all the sweet and beautiful Christmas decor in stores. The real question is, will I have all my holiday cards ready to send out this year? The Little Critters - Christmas Collection from Taylored Expressions certain makes it easy! I loved using these in the mini slim format and, with several coordinating products, making these were a breeze.


I started by stamping all of the adorable images from Little Critters - Christmas on Sugar Cube cardstock with Oreo ink. Then I coloured them with Copic markers and you can find all the colours I used in the supply list below. Then I die cut the images using the coordinating Little Critters - Christmas Dies.


I chose four coloured card bases - Watermelon, Cherry Pop, Granny Smith, Peapod - and used those same colours, plus, gold glitter cardstock, to die cut the Square Window Frames. The Cherry Pop and Granny Smith top-fold card bases come in the Mini Slim Rainbow Card Packs and I cut the side-fold Watermelon and Peapod card bases from 8.5" x 11" sheets of cardstock.


I also die cut the Mini Slim Square Window Cutting Plate from Sugar Cube and Sea Salt cardstock. I put the Sugar Cube panel on the Watermelon card base and the Sea Salt panel on the Peapod card base.


Then I arranged different combinations of Square Window Frames colours and layers on each card. Each set of colours and combinations was mostly determined by the card base and the images that were matched with each card.


On the other two cards, I die cut the largest of the Petite Scallop Mini Slim Stacklets from Sea Salt and vellum cardstock. Then I paired them up with the largest of the Stitched Mini Slim Stacklets in Sugar Cube and Sea Salt, respectively.


On this particular card featuring Mr. and Mrs. Claus, I used both the square Mini Slim Windows Masking Stencil and the Candy Cane Stripes Stencil with Cherry Pop ink and a blender brush to create the background. I also used vellum as an insert for the centre frame.


I heat embossed the Just Saying - Christmas sentiments in gold on Oreo cardstock, as well as white on Watermelon cardstock. Then I die cut them using the Mini Strips Die, as well as the Mini Strips Backer Die.


For the sentiment on the elf card, I simply stamped the sentiment directly on the panel using Oreo ink. All of the images were tucked between two layers of each frame using liquid glue. The tops of their heads were popped up with bits of foam tape to give them a bit of dimension. After the video finished, I went back and added a few tiny die cut stars from Gathered Stars to the centre of the reindeer and fox card.


Using these same supplies, I'm sure you can dream up so many more combinations of these adorable images from Little Critters - Christmas. You could even create these same cards in the horizontal orientation for a different look. Using these same colours on Sugar Cube card bases with coloured panels is another idea.

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful mini slimline cards with the little windows filled with Christmas images. They all look great!

Flo said...

You did a fabulous job on that; you’re such a creative designer.