Friday, December 24, 2021

Spellbinders | December 2021 Large Die of the Month | New Year's Cards


I'm back with one last post for the Spellbinders December 2021 Club Kits and this card features the Large Die of the Month - Layered Stitched Background! I really hope this kit will be made available for individual sale because it's so gorgeous and fun to use.

There are three layers to this background die, including the stitching plate and frame, plus two layering plates which I cut from gold foil, gold glitter cardstock, silver foil and silver glitter cardstock.

This kit is stunning for embroiderers but you don't have to stitch them. They look beautiful simply die cut. I used two threads of DMC Diamant Metallic Thread in Red Ruby and Green Emerald to stitch the stars.

I used Bearly Arts liquid glue to adhered the glitter and foil layers to the embroidered base, as well as to the Schoolhouse Red and Pitch Black mattes, respectively. The card bases were cut from white woodgrain cardstock.

I heat foiled sentiments from the Mini Christmas Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil & Die Set using Aura Hot Foil on Schoolhouse Red cardstock and Matte Silver Hot Foil on Pitch Black cardstock. The die cut strips are popped up on foam tape.


Here's a list of kits I share each month and some of the value kits:

Sources