Saturday, January 1, 2022

Spellbinders | Happy New Year + Sale!

Happy New Year, crafty friends! I hope that 2022 brings you lots of love, happiness, good health and creativity!! As you know, I love making New Year's cards so here's another one that I made specifically for Chinese New Year which begins on February 1st this year and will be the Year of the Tiger (Water).

The Botanical Crest and sentiment are from the December 2021 Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month. It's no longer available as a club subscription but I'm hoping it will be released for individual sale eventually much like many popular items included in the NYE Sale, on now through January 4th.

I heat foiled the Botanical Crest on Lipstick Red cardstock with Aura Glimmer Hot Foil and used both the inner and outer dies to create the frame. The sentiment was heat foiled using Red Glimmer Hot Foil on a panel of smooth white cardstock.


I used the Sun Rays Embossing Folder (currently 50% off during the NYE Sale) on a panel of heavyweight cardstock, cutting out the inner portion of the Botanical Crest to reveal the sentiment beneath it. I wanted some dimension without using foam tape to make it too bulky for mailing. To finish, I popped the layers on a white linen card base and added a few iridescent bubbles.



Don't forget to check out the NYE Sale, on now through January 4th, with great savings on so many of  my favourites, a lot of which were previously part of the monthly club kits!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources