Tuesday, January 25, 2022

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Oh, What a Day! Cardmaking Kit Design Ideas + Alternatives

If you're a fan of MuchSketch's collection of Little CrittersBitty Borders and Max & Millie stamp sets (full list below), you'll love the Oh, What a Day! Cardmaking Kit. I love this adorable new assortment of slightly larger animals and fun mix of sentiments!

I created four cards, focused primarily on design ideas around the Focal Frame. You can use these layouts with any style of frame and image or even a sentiment on the inside of the frame!


I started by choosing four of the seven images included in the Occasional Critters stamp set. I stamped them with Oreo ink and coloured them with Copic markers. You can find a list of all the marker colours in the supply links below.


I die cut them using the coordinating Occasional Critters Dies and set them aside. Next, I die cut the Focal Frame from the kit colours, which are Lollipop, Candy Corn and Lemon Meringue cardstock. I also die cut the frame from neutral colours, including Sea Salt, Earl Grey and Oreo cardstock.


For this first card, I created a Lollipop card base and added texture to the Sugar Cube panel using the largest of the Diagonal Stitch Rectangle Stacklets. I stamped the sentiment from the Essential Sentiments stamp set and popped the image and layered frame on to the card.


My second card features three frames in the kit's colours but only the Lollipop frame is dimensional.


After determining the gallery-style layout of the frames, I stamped the sentiment from Essential Sentiments and glued the frames to the panel.


I trimmed off the overhanging frames and adhered the panel to an Earl Grey card base.


For this third card, I used the Dotted Diamonds Stencil included in the kit with LollipopCandy Corn and Lemon Meringue inks and blender brushes to create a sweet, subtle background. When done, I cut that panel using the largest of the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets.


To create the background behind the bear, I simply used my paper trimmer to cut the Focal Frame inserts from the previous card. I taped the pieces together and adhered them to the card.


This next card features a shaker on the main frame, using the Rainbow Rhinestones included in the kit. This time, I stamped the sentiment vertically on the right edge of the panel.


I glued the shaker frame on the other two frames before attaching the trio to the panel and trimming off the overhanging portion.


I used all three of the Easy Strips Dies to create the strips down the right edge of the card base. I cut the Lollipop strip using the Easy Strips 1/2" Die, the Candy Corn strip using the Easy Strips 1/4" Die and the Lemon Meringue strip using the Easy Strips 1/8" Die.


There are some new rules for this year's kits. Individual items will no longer be sold individually at a later date nor will kits be restocked. For these reasons, if you see a kit you love, grab it before it's gone!

UPDATED: This kit sold out FAST but I hope you'll be inspired to use my design ideas with similar products listed below. I've also included a list of my videos featuring other MuchSketch products HERE.

Thanks so much for watching!

Sources

No comments: