Thursday, January 20, 2022

Spellbinders | Congrats Card feat. Be Bold Color Block Collection + Sale!


Hello, crafty friends! I had the pleasure of playing with the Be Bold Color Block Congrats Etched Dies from the Be Bold Color Block Collection and it was so much fun! I love the bold words because there are so many design possibilities on big surfaces like this.


I die cut the congrats plate with cardstock in Mist, Paradise, Adriatic, Lavender and heavyweight white cardstock. I used Stick It adhesive to adhere the entire panel of Adriatic cardstock on to a sheet of copy paper. Then I adhered only the white letters to the Adriatic panel using liquid glue.


I created the congrats word using a mix of Mist, Paradise and Lavender die cuts, flipped them over and used tape to attach the word into a single piece. Using the Hex Floral Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set and Skybright Glimmer Hot Foil, I heat foiled the floral pattern into the letters.


Next, I used liquid glue to adhere the heat foiled letters to the panel. The Adriatic panel is a single layer and the letters are three layers. I die cut the yay word from heavyweight white cardstock and silver glitter cardstock, stacking them with liquid glue.


The leaves are from the December 2021 Small Die of the Month -- Sketched Florals & Frame (which may be released for individual purchase at a later date) and I layered vellum over heavyweight white cardstock. Vellum on its own was too subtle and white was too stark so the vellum softened the white for the right opaqueness.


As I mentioned earlier, the Hex Floral Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set is currently 25% off as part of the Feel the Love Sale. This sale includes so many great deals of up to 40% off select products and runs through 11:59pm MST through January 24, 2022.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources