Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Catherine Pooler | Lunar New Year Card 2022


Happy Lunar New Year to all those celebrating! Today is the start of the Year of the Tiger in the Chinese Zodiac and it also happens to coincide with my Dad's birthday this year. We had a big meal with him this past weekend to celebrate both occasions and I gave him this card.


Last year, I made several 2021 Chinese New Year cards using Hey There Dumpling and I had to use them again this year. They're just too cute and hard to resist! Plus, one of our dishes included dumplings so it made perfect sense. ;)


A must-have for this year's card were the lanterns from the new Lantern Festival stamp set and of course I stamped them with Rouge ink. Instead of stamping the foliage directly on the lantern or recessed like on THIS card, I chose to inlay them for a different look.


To create the background, I heat embossed gold fireworks from Sparkle and Pop, then used a large blending brush with Juniper Mist ink. The sentiment is from another favourite, the Cocktail Party stamp set.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources