Sunday, February 27, 2022

Ellen Hutson | Stitched Birthday Card


While I was making yesterday's card, I was also inspired to make this card since I still had the supplies out and the colour combo was begging to be used again. Today's card features the Essential Arches, Essential Arches for Stitching, A2 Piercing Plate 2 and Cake Stamp Set with coordinating dies.


I cut the A2 card base from Concord & 9th Dove cardstock. To create the panel, I cut 1.25" x 5" strips of Peacock, Sprout and Aqua Sky cardstock and taped them together. Then I ran the entire piece through my die cutting machine with the A2 Piercing Plate 2. My husband asked how I made the panel because he couldn't see the seams and was super impressed with the way it looked. ;)


I stamped the sentiment, then die cut both the Essential Arches and Essential Arches for Stitching around it, gauging where the cake would sit. I stitched around the sentiment using Dark Tin embroidery floss, using all six strands of the floss.

I used Aqua SkyDove and Peacock ink pads to fill in the cake. I also heat embossed over the Dove section with clear sparkle embossing powder. Before attaching all the layers, I recut the arch from silver glitter cardstock and glued it to the tri-coloured panel. I popped the pieces on with foam strips and embellished it with silver star sequins.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources