Friday, March 11, 2022

Concord & 9th | Flower Power Release | Feature Friday Week #1


I'm so excited to be a guest designer for Concord & 9th's Flower Power Release! I'll be sharing several cards over the next few weeks using these new products and this first week features In the Garden Turnabout and Banner Builder Too Bundle.


If you've been following me for a while, you'll know that my dad is a life-long avid gardener so I was excited to see the In the Garden Turnabout and knew it would make the perfect background for a Father's Day card. I used Ballet Slipper, Poppy, Stardust and Clover to stamp the turnabout.


It just so happened that Banner Builder Too had a sentiment for Father's Day, which I stamped in Mushroom ink. I added texture to the die cut banner using the stunning Stitched Vines Card Front Die, die cut in Clover cardstock and layered over Gold Glitter cardstock.


I added bit of foam tape in different sections of the banner layers to create realistic dimension. I trimmed down the turnabout panel and adhered it to the card base with strips of Stardust and Mushroom cardstock.


Given the fabulous sentiments, it was obvious that I also had to make a Mother's Day card for my mother-in-law using the Banner Builder Too Bundle. Here, I white heat embossed it on Dove cardstock and used a blender brush and Dove ink to add dimension to the banner. Again, I used foam tape in various sections to create dimension.


My mother-in-law's favourite colour is purple so I die cut the Magnolia Perfect Pairings from both Eggplant and Oceanside cardstock, layering them for an extra pop of colour. I added Gold Glitter flowers using the Friendship Garden Dies, embellishing them with Black Enamel Dots.


To create the background panel, I cut the Simply You Dies from white and Stardust cardstock, with the white piece inlaid in the Stardust frame. The flowers and banners were adhered using a combination of liquid glue, glue dots and foam tape.

I'll see you again next week with more inspiration featuring products from the Flower Power Release. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies