Friday, March 18, 2022

Concord & 9th | Flower Power Release | Feature Friday Week #2


I'm back to share more inspiration for Concord & 9th's Flower Power Release! In this second week, I'm sharing cards featuring the Stitched Vines Card Front Die and the Friendship Garden Bundle.


On my first card, I created a background panel from four pieces of Honeysuckle, Dove, Sprout and Aqua Sky cardstock, which was cut into quarters on an angle and then pieced together before the panel was run through the die cutting machine with the Stitched Vines Card Front Die.


I used the Grateful Blooms Bundle to create the centrepiece and sentiment. I die cut the scalloped circle from Mushroom cardstock and overlaid it with the doily which was cut from vellum cardstock. I also cut the doily from cardstock matching the colours in the background panel and inserted the corresponding hearts. 


I stamped the sentiment with Mushroom ink and cut it using the coordinating die. I popped it on to the vellum doily using foam tape. Then I used Mushroom enamel dots to help hold the vellum piece in place.


My second card is a 3.5" x 6" mini slim card which features the Friendship Garden Bundle, which is hands down my favourite of this release. I just love all these beautiful layering dies which make the cutest little garden pieces that will perk up any card!


I used the same four colours as my first card -- HoneysuckleDoveSprout and Aqua Sky cardstock. I also added Mushroom and Silver Glitter cardstock to the mix because everything is better with a little sparkle!


To assemble this card, I made sure that three of the four main colours, plus silver, were represented equally on all of the images. I gauged their positions on the panel before stamping the sentiment from the Friendship Garden Stamp Set in Mushroom ink. Then I cut a panel of Aqua Sky cardstock and die cut it on the left side using the Stitched Vines Card Front before glueing both layers on the card base and popping up the die cut elements with foam tape.


Registration for C9 Summer Camp 2022 has begun and you can find all of the details HERE or by clicking on the graphic below!


I'll see you again next week with more inspiration featuring products from the Flower Power Release. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies