Tuesday, March 29, 2022

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Celebrate You Cardmaking Kit


Taylored Expressions has a new cardmaking kit and it's a fun one! This kit is filled with supplies for shaker cards to celebrate all sorts of occasions, including birthdays, anniversaries, graduation, retirement and more. I used everything included in this kit at least once to show you a wide range of design possibilities.


I used the envelopes included in the kit as my colour inspiration and these include Lollipop, Candy Corn, Lemon Meringue, Key Lime and Plum Punch. I made four cards, two packed with colour and two with simpler designs and lots of white space.


This first card uses the Let's Celebrate You Background and the A2 Infinity Shaker Panels. I inked up the background stamp with LollipopCandy CornLemon MeringueKey Lime and Plum Punch ink cubes to create a rainbow sentiment. 


I also used the Diagonal Stitch Rectangle Stacklets to create a border around the sentiment. Then I added Confetti Shaker Bits to finish. I imagine the recipient will have lots of fun shaking this card over and over!


For my second card, I stamped the Mini Strips - Let's Celebrate in both Oreo and Sugar Cube ink, then heat embossed with white embossing powder, all on Sugar CubeLollipopCandy CornLemon MeringueKey LimePlum Punch and Oreo cardstock. The mini strips were cut from the new Mini Strips - Flags Die, sold separately. I selected sentiments in rainbow order to create a longer sentiment that reads well and adhered them with foam strips.


The two panels were cut from Sugar Cube and silver glitter cardstock using the Petite Scallop Rectangle Stacklets and the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets, respectively. I also added a few stars in coordinating colours, cut from the Confetti Maker Die.


While I'm a huge fan of the previous card, this third card is definitely my favourite. I created an angled panel for the background using four pieces of LollipopCandy CornLemon Meringue and Key Lime cardstock. I taped them together before using the Confetti Maker Die on two of the panels, which I backed with silver glitter cardstock for added bling.


I created a Sugar Cube frame using the Frame in Frame 2 Cutting Plate before adhering one of the Acetate Foil It - Let's Celebrate You Panels, and popping that up with foam strips before attaching it to the angled background panel and the Sea Salt card base.


My final card is another clean and simple design, using one of the Celebrate You Envelope Seals as the sentiment and focal point. I cut LollipopCandy CornLemon MeringueKey Lime and Plum Punch cardstock using the Easy Strips 1/8" and Easy Strips 1/4" dies.


Using the Stitched Circle Stacklets, I cut a circle from Sugar Cube cardstock and adhered it to the back of the envelope seal for stability and popped it on to a slightly larger circle cut from silver glitter cardstock. To create additional detail, I used the Diamonds Piercing Plate on the card base before adhering the panel and popping on the envelope seal with foam tape.


There are some new rules for this year's kits. Individual items will no longer be sold individually at a later date nor will kits be restocked. For these reasons, if you see a kit you love, grab it before it's gone!


I hope you'll be inspired to use my design ideas with similar products listed below. I've also included a list of my videos featuring other Mini Strips HERE:

Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies




No comments: