Sunday, April 24, 2022

Taylored Expressions | Mother's Day Cards + Sale!

I recently acquired the Flower Patch Background and Flower Patch Layering Stencil. I still had the colours I used in THIS video stuck in my head, plus I had all those extra Get the Word Out - Mother's Day sentiments on my desk, so I decided to create with them. As it so happens, all of these products are currently 20% off during this weekend's Mother's Day Sale. These products are gorgeous and work for so many occasions, not just Mother's Day, so be sure to grab 'em at a discount!


For both my backgrounds, I stamped the Flower Patch Background with Oreo ink. Using the Flower Patch Layering Stencil, this first card uses Lavender Glaze, Spearmint and Potato Chip inks. The Potato Chip was contaminated because I didn't clean the stencil well enough so there was still some Spearmint on it. The colour of the buds ended up looking like a slightly dull version of Lime Zest but it's still pretty.


I cut the panel down to 4" x 5.25" and used the Diagonal Stitched Rectangle Stacklets to add texture. Then I set it aside while I created the sentiment using On the Block - Mom and Mini Strips - You're the Best


I flipped the word MOM upside down to use it as the word WOW to show versatility and you can see another example of that in THIS video. I created an ombre look using Lavender GlazePlum Punch and Eggplant ink. The secondary sentiment was heat embossed in gold on Oreo cardstock and die cut it using the Mini Strips - Asymmetrical Die.


For my second card, the Flower Patch Background was stamped with Oreo ink and I used the Flower Patch Layering Stencil with Lollip, Lime Zest and Spearmint inks. I cut this panel down to 4" x 5.5" and attached it to a white linen panel, flushed to the right edge.


I stamped the Get the Word Out - Mother's Day sentiment using Eggplant ink on Sugar Cube cardstock and created a shadow from Eggplant cardstock. 


I cut the Open Scallop Circle from gold glitter cardstock and two Stitched Circle Stacklets from vellum cardstock, sandwiching the scalloped die cut. You can see more inspiration using these dies in THIS video.


I kept this card relatively flat, using only liquid glue and mini glue dots to give the layers just a tiny bit of dimension, which was needed to give the vellum layers visual interest.

Be sure to check out the Mother's Day Sale which ends today at 11:59pm CDT.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies