Monday, April 25, 2022

Ellen Hutson | Card Inspiration feat. Mother's Day Hot Foil Bundle (Limited Time Special Offer)


Hello, crafty friends! Even though I don't make a lot of birthday-specific cards, I've been making a lot of birthday cards lately and today's card uses several Essentials by Ellen products that are part of the Mother's Day Hot Foil Bundle. If you've been thinking about diving into hot foiling, now's the perfect time!


I used the Gemini Foilpress and Rose Gold Hot Foil with the Tiny Stars Background to create the starry background for the card base. I also used the Rose Gold Hot Foil with the Happy Birthday Hot Foil Stamp to create the main sentiment. 


I used the coordinating die from Big Scripty Happy Birthday to die cut the hot foiled sentiment and a second shadow layer from black glitter cardstock. Be sure to add this die to your cart if you want the coordinating outline die.


To add colour to the card, I cut three strips of Bazzill cardstock in Robin's Egg, Candy Necklace and Jawbreaker, then added texture using the A2 Piercing Plate 2. I trimmed it down and stamped the secondary sentiment from the exclusive HB2U Stamp Set.


At this point, I started assembling the card by using a corner chomper on the top left and bottom right corners, glueing Robin's Egg and Jawbreaker on the card base before adhering the hot foiled Tiny Stars Background. To finish, I added Essential Stars die cut from black glitterRobin's EggCandy Necklace and Jawbreaker cardstock.

If you'd like to see more inspiration using products featured in the Mother's Day Hot Foil Bundle, please visit the following blog posts:

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies