Thursday, April 28, 2022

Ellen Hutson | Interactive Cards feat. Spellbinders Happy Dance Collection


Ellen Hutson has added lots of new Spellbinders products to the shop, including the Happy Dance Collection! When I saw the adorable drinks, flowers, glue and prize ribbon, I knew I had to have them. There are also two sentiment sets, We Dance Glimmer Sentiments, which I used on both these cards, and the Happy Parents Day Glimmer.


I made two cards using the same colours of Bazzill heavyweight cardstock from the Ellen Hutson shop. These include Marshmallow Chick, Gold Coins, Juicy Pear, Easter Grass, GumdropRobin's Egg, Candy NecklacePeanut Cluster and Licorice. The specialty cardstocks are Spellbinders gold mirror cardstock and Essentials by Ellen white linen cardstock.


On this Mother's Day card, I used the I Dance die set, adding the hot foil sentiment from We Dance Glimmer Sentiments to the sleeve on the coffee cup. I also used the flowers from the same die set as accents. You can create a huge bouquet as the object for the hands to hold but I used them as accents here.


To create the background, I cut a 0.875" x 4" strip of Robin's Egg cardstock, taped it flush to a 3.25" x 4" piece of white linen cardstock and again to a piece of 1.125" x 4" strip of Gumdrop cardstock. Then I dry embossed that panel using the Head in the Clouds embossing folder.


For my Father's Day card, I had to use the beer mug because it's so awesome! Actually, the bubbles in the beer lines are covered up by the label, which is disappointing but it still looks amazing. These dies are from the Let's Dance die set and I think you can see how it might be fun to mix and match these elements with I Dance.


Again, I used the same colours as the first card, minus Gumdrop but as I look at it now, I could've used it in the beer label since there's so much white on this design. To create the background, I heat foiled the Diagonal Glimmer Stripes on Robin's Egg cardstock, the dry embossed a 4" x 5.25" white linen cardstock panel using the Sun Rays embossing folder. This folder isn't sold at Ellen Hutson but you can get a similar effect by dry embossing with the Radiant Background Stencil.


I hope you enjoyed this inspiration post using new Spellbinders products, now available at Ellen Hutson! I hope to be back soon with more inspiration for these products. Please tag me if you create with these particular sets. I'd love to see what you make.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies