Monday, May 2, 2022

Taylored Expressions | Sweet Mother's Day Cards


I've always leaned towards the savoury versus sweets but if there's one thing I have a weakness for, it's donuts! That's why I had to have the Taylored Expressions Donut Days Cling & Clear Combo, even if I had it for months before I inked it up. Haha! I made a few extra Mother's Day cards for my neighbours and I thought this stamp set combined with Mini Strips - Donut Worry and Mini Strips - You're the Best would make fun Mother's Day cards. 


Mini Strips - Donut Worry and Mini Strips - You're the Best combined with On the Block  - Mom made the perfect focal point for both cards. This first design features a Poppy Seed card panel with a textured frame using the Diagonal Stitch Rectangle Stacklets.


On both cards, I started by stamping the Donut Days Cling & Clear Combo with Poppy Seed ink. The donuts themselves were stamped with Honey ink and the glazes were stamped with Fruit Punch, Peaches 'n CreamPotato Chip and Spearmint ink. The sprinkles were stamped with Chocolate Truffle ink.


My second card design features the original stamped panel with a circle cut out from it to show the Sea Salt card base. Both On the Block  - Mom sentiments were heat embossed with sparkle embossing powder over white embossing on Spearmint cardstock and Poppy Seed ink, respectively. They're super sparkly in real life but hard to capture on camera.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources

1 comment:

Shelly said...

These are fabulous, Emily!