Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Spellbinders | Stitched Alphabet Collection | Stitched L with Glimmer Descriptors


As a follow-up to yesterday's postSpellbinders just released their Stitched Alphabet Collection and it's really amazing with endless possibilities! The collection consists of 26 alphabets plus an ampersand that can be used with embroidery floss or as is, with their base or without. No matter how you use them, the two sentiment sets, Glimmer Descriptors and Descriptors Sentiments, are perfect pairings for any of the Stitched Alphabets.


I customized this card for a dear friend of mine using the Stitched L and wanted to feature all of the Glimmer Descriptors that represented her personality. I lined them up in rows on my hot foiling machine to create a background of words. I used the Color Block Slices to cut Lilac Blossom, Teal Topaz and Beeswax cardstock - available individually or in the Assorted Pack Color Essentials - and heat foiled the Glimmer Descriptors using Polished Brass Hot Foil.


I created a 4" x 5.25" mat and dry embossed it with the Optical Arches Embossing Folder. Then I glued the heat foiled slices and the embossed panel to the card base. I die cut three layers of the Stitched L, as explained in my previous post, stitched it with variegated violet floss and adhered it to the base which was cut from Mirror Gold cardstock. To finish, I added flowers from Mini Blooms and Sprigs and some gold pearls.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies