Saturday, May 7, 2022

Taylored Expressions | More Mother's Day Cards


To all you moms and mamas out there, I hope you're being celebrated and thanked for all you do! If you remember THIS post where I shared a couple of Mother's Day cards using the Flower Patch Background and Flower Patch Layering Stencils, I ended up flipping the WOW back to MOM and removing the foam tape from both On the Block - Mom and Mini Strips - You're the Best so the card would be easy to mail.


As indicated in that original post, the card base was cut from Spearmint cardstock. I stamped the Flower Patch Background with Poppy Seed ink and used Bitty Blender Brushes with Lavender Glaze, Potato Chip and Spearmint ink to fill in the background. I used the Diagonal Stitch Rectangle Stacklets to create additional texture on the background before adhering it to the card base.

On the Block - Mom was ombre stamped using Lavender Glaze, Plum Punch and Eggplant ink cubes. The Mini Strips - You're the Best sentiments were gold heat embossed on Oreo cardstock and die cut using the Mini Strips - Asymmetrical Die.


One of my neighbours loved the original design but said that she calls her mom MAMA so I said I'd make her a custom version. I used the Cap It Off Alpha Dies with gold glitter cardstock for the outside edge. Since this card was getting mailed to Belgium, and the letters were a bit too wide for the card if they were placed side-by-side, I angled them and cut off parts of each letter so they wouldn't overlap at all. This removed all of the bulkiness.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies