Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Ellen Hutson | Essentials by Ellen June 10th Release | Reveal Week - Day 2


It's an exciting week with a new Essentials by Ellen Release available this Friday, June 10th! Today is Day 2 of Reveal Week and we're sneak peeking two new sets - Old Spool Stamp Set and Thread Friends Die Set.


I'm sharing a pair of cards using these new sets and this first card features both the Old Spool Stamp Set and Thread Friends Die Set. I love all things sewing and embroidery-related so I fell in love with these dies immediately.


There are so many fabulous layering dies in the Thread Friends Die Set and I used the two floss bobbins, placing the two sizes in diagonally opposite corners. This way, the two shapes create a balanced design.


I die cut the threads from Candy HeartsGold CoinsGrapefruit and Candy Corn cardstock. The needle was die cut from silver foil cardstock and I love how realistic it looks!


I trimmed a panel of grey cardstock, stamped the sentiment from the Old Spool Stamp Set and attached it to a white linen card base. Then I popped all the bobbins on with foam tape.


I started my second card with a white linen card base of mini slimline proportions measuring 3.5" x 6". Then I trimmed a 3.25" x 5" panel from Ballet Slipper cardstock and set it aside.


Next, I die cut the adorable dogs using the Thread Friends Die Set. The colours I used are GrapefruitSorbet and Candy Hearts


I placed the colours from light to dark, then rotated their thread-sweaters, shifting each colour down. Then I added loose threads as embellishments, again shifting the colours once more so each of the three colours is represented in each dog.


After gauging the position of each dog on the Ballet Slipper panel, I stamped the sentiment from the Old Spool Stamp Set, adhered the panel to the white linen card base and popped on the dogs with foam tape. To finish, I added tiny googly eyes.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll see you again tomorrow for more sneak peeks!

Sources

No comments: