Thursday, June 30, 2022

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | 3 Sweet Cards feat. The Bee's Knees Cardmaking Kit

[Added: This kit has SOLD OUT but please click HERE to save 10% on Select Hexagon Products through July 3, 2022 (11:59pm CDT)] Taylored Expressions has a new cardmaking kit and it's as sweet as can bee! In this video, I used The Bee's Knees Cardmaking Kit to create three cards. I knew that most samples would be in the traditional black and yellow colours so I wanted to go out-of-the-box with mine.


I used The Bee's Knees Stamp & Stencil Combo to stamp the stinger, stripes and antennae, twice in the blue combo and once in the pink combo. As I mentioned in the video, I wish I had made a second panel in the pink combo, too. The colours I used on all these cards include Rose Water, Fruit Punch, Salt Water Taffy, Tropical Punch and Poppy Seed.


To create this first card, I first used the coordinating dies to cut out all of the blue bees from one of the  stencilled panels. I trimmed a 2.75" x 2.75" square and added details using the Diagonal Stitch Square Stacklets.


I positioned the blue bees on top of the square and added one pink bee. When I was satisfied with the layout, I popped them on with foam tape and trimmed off the overhanging bits. I tried different coloured mats and settled on a Rose Water mat.


I positioned the card base with the unattached mat in my mini MISTI stamping tool so I would know where to stamp the two sentiments from the What's the Buzz? mini stamp set in Poppy Seed ink. To finish, I attached the mat and rounded two of the corners using a corner chomper. At the end of the process video, I went back and added a silver glitter shadow behind the pink bee to make it stand out further and ensure that each card had a silver element.


For my second card, I created a Tropical Punch card base and added 3.75" x 5" panel of Fruit Punch cardstock flush to the bottom lefthand corner. I die cut the Honeycomb Cluster from silver glitter cardstock and glued them to opposite corners of the card.


I arranged three blue bees on the card before glueing Rose Water and Salt Water Taffy hexagons into the Honeycomb Cluster. Using the position of the bees, I placed the entire card into my mini MISTI stamping tool and positioned the trail and sentiment from the What's the Buzz? mini stamp set. 


To finish, I stamped the trail and sentiment in Oreo ink and popped on the three bees with foam tape.


For my third card, I used the second full panel of blue bees and trimmed it down to 3 7/8" x 5.5". I adhered it to the Salt Water Taffy card base flush to the right edge. Then I trimmed a 1/8" x 5.5" strip of silver glitter cardstock and glued it along the left edge of the stencilled panel.


To create the sentiment from the What's the Buzz? mini stamp set, I white heat embossed it on Tropical Punch cardstock and die cut it using the Mini Strips - Asymmetrical Die. I cut two additional layers from Oreo cardstock and glued them together, offsetting the Oreo layers as a shadow.

I hope you enjoyed these three ideas using The Bee's Knees Cardmaking Kit in non-traditional colours. I encourage you to think outside the box when creating!

Get 10% select Hexagon Products from June 28, 2022 to July 3, 2022 (11:59pm CDT). Click HERE to view all the products and links to my videos showing those products in action.

Thanks so much for watching!

Sources

No comments: