Friday, June 24, 2022

Ellen Hutson | Love is Love: Celebrating Pride


Please Note: The Ellen Hutson store is no longer in business. Any Ellen Hutson branded products used here are only available in the second hand market. Where possible, alternates have been linked below.

Hello, Crafty Friends! I’m wrapping up Pride Week here on the Ellen Hutson Blog and I made three cards featuring different ways to feature a rainbow. The sentiments on these cards sum up the meaning of Pride.


I’ll take any excuse to use the Crafty Hands Dies and I thought that die cutting them from coloured cardstock and embellishing them with the Stitched Borders Dies would be perfect. The colours I used are Concord & 9th’s PoppySpiced CiderButtercupParsleyOceanside and Eggplant cardstock.


To create the background, I misted Neenah heavyweight cardstock with water before dry embossing it with the Optical Arches Embossing Folder


Then I heat foiled the Mini Everyday Sentiment with Matte Silver Hot Foil on black cardstock. To finish, I embellished the card with silver star sequins.


To create the base panel for this card, I used the Diagonal Glimmer Stripes with Mini Rainbow Stripe Hot Foil on Neenah heavyweight cardstock. Then I used two Hearts Dies and foam tape to pop up the die cut section.


I die cut the Yasss Die from both black cardstock and silver foil cardstock, glueing the two layers together and attached it to the card. To finish, I stamped the All-Star Sentiment and added it below the die cut word.


For my third and final card, I created a card base from 
white linen cardstock and cut a panel featuring the A2 Piercing Plate 2


Next, I used both the Way With Words Hot Foil Stamp and Solid Rectangle Glimmer Hot Foil Plate with Mini Rainbow Stripe Hot Foil on Neenah heavyweight cardstock.


I used Alpha Dies to die cut the letters, stacking them three layers high for dimension, and glued them on the panel with the help of a t-ruler


To finish, I used two of the Wonky Hearts Dies 
to create the gold glitter hearts.


Not only are these cards perfect for Pride, they’re great for spreading joy every day. I hope you found inspiration in these designs. Thanks so much for stopping by and I’ll see you again soon!

Supplies

No comments: