Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Pop-Up Father's Day Card feat. Avery Elle, Lawn Fawn & Taylored Expressions


Hello, crafty friends! Today, I'm sharing the card my son and I collaborated on for Father's Day. I've had all these amazing Avery Elle stamp sets for some time and was desperate to use them! I'm a huge fan of Elena Roussakis' illustrations, previously for Neat & Tangled, and now for Avery Elle. The critters are so adorable and hard to resist!


One of my favourite sets is the Forest Dance Party because all the animals are playing musical instruments. Since my son plays trumpet and percussion, we included the fox playing a bugle and the bird playing the triangle. As always, we coloured the bird in widgeon colours. ;)

The sweet beaver is from Maple Syrup and the stool, books and coffee are from Feels Like Home. We stamped all the images with Tuxedo Black ink and coloured them with a mix of (mostly) Copic markers and Sketchmarkers. All of those colours and links are in the supply list below.


We created the Platform Pop-Up from Dark Brown Woodgrain cardstock and both the hills and Platform Pop-Up Add-On from Into the Woods 6x6 Paper Pack. After securing the animals to the hills with glue dots, I stamped the sentiment from Maple Syrup on a piece of patterned paper but broke up the original sentiment on two lines.


For the custom name, we die cut the letters from Mini Caps Alpha & #s by Taylored Expressions. As previously mentioned HERE and HERE, Bucky is my husband's nickname and the term of endearment we use for his (originally Minecraft-related) beaver persona. 


This style of card could be used on any occasion or as an every day encouragement card. I hope you find inspiration in this project.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources

2 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so super cute Emily. I love that Damian still has a love for making cards with you!

Purple Princess said...

so fun and cute