Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Crafty Together | Avery Elle | Peek-a-Boo Birthday Card | Part 3


Hello, friends! My husband turned another year older yesterday and while no quarantine birthday could be amazing, Damian and I combined forces to create the best card we've ever made for him. That's something, right? LOL!


I previously posted two Avery Elle Peek-a-Boo birthday cards HERE and HERE. This one is part of the same 4" x 6.5" series since I'm totally addicted to making cards of this size using these same products. Damian and I started by stamping images from Wood You? (currently on sale), Peek-a-Boo Car and Market Stand. Damian used distress inks to colour the images and die them using the coordinating dies.


I assembled the pieces, carefully cutting around the beaver's paws so he could hold the steering wheel and coffee mug. I also tied black hemp cord around the logs as if he's transporting his gift of logs back to the dam. I used white ink to sponge clouds on the kraft card base. Then I die cut letters (the ones I used are retired but I've linked to comparable ones) from black glitter cardstock to spell 'Bucky', which is my husband's nickname, and adhered them with my Xyron sticker maker. I added a small 'happy birthday' sentiment from the April 2020 Club Sursee collection.


All of the images are popped on to the card base with foam tape and the hearts and sentiment strip are attached with glue dots. To finish, I used a sparkle pen to add shimmer to the beaver's teeth, headlights on the car and hearts.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

5 comments:

Maureen Morton said...

This is seriously cute and such a fun project for you two to share! Thanks for sharing the details and so much love that you 3 share. I wanted to see the other peek-a-boo cards you mentioned, but it appears that there is no link to them. I hate to miss more cuteness. Hope bucky's day is super-happy!

Lindsey said...

Please wish Bucky the best of quarantine birthdays from me, and tell D that his colouring is FANTASTIC!!! Perfect card.

Lynn said...

You and your son did a fantastic job on this card. You must be a good teacher and he is an excellent student. Thanks for revealing your extra touches that make this card super special.

I Card Everyone said...

Once again, you and D have teamed up to produce total cuteness! Well done, you two!
I love the log-delivery idea - what else could possibly make this beaver so happy? oh... probably that coffee!
=]

Purple Princess said...

so wonderful