Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Club Sursee by Catherine Pooler Designs | April 2020 | Part 1 of 2


I'm having so much fun with the April 2020 Club Sursee collection! I love using the large images and sentiments to make clean and simple cards. The possibilities are truly endless. Once I started, I couldn't stop and I'll have a second post with more inspiration. We all need some encouragement and smiles in our lives right now and the theme of this collection is perfect for the continuing stay-at-home order.


I have so many favourites but this large Favorite Word die takes the cake! I knew it had to be the first thing I used from this collection. I created the layered pop-up effect by stamping the sentiment from the My Favorite stamp set on a smooth panel and the linen card base. Then I die cut the Favorite Word from the panel and trimming off the top and bottom. I used one of the tree stamps from the Fun Forest stamp set to create a rainbow border on the exposed edges, using Polished, Tiara, Garden Party and Mint To Be inks. I masked off the edges and sponged the same colours on the card base so they'd show through the die cut panel.


To finish, I added a black glitter strip on the bottom of the panel and attached it to the card base with foam tape. It was quite difficult popping up all those tiny pieces in the letters with foam tape. For the tiniest ones, I die cut the word two more times and stacked the layers with liquid glue to give them height. Finally, I embellished the card with coordinating flowers and added shine by adding sequins in their centres. The pink flower was a white flower that I sponged with Polished ink.


For my second card, I used the Fun Forest stamp set. I stamped the tree details in Midnight ink and then stamped the filled shapes in two colours per tree, using PolishedTiara, Garden Party and Mint To Be inks. I used the coordinating dies to dry emboss the shapes around the trees before stamping the 'love you' sentiment, which fit perfectly between the first two tree trunks. I attached the panel to a card base and called it done!


I hope you enjoyed my inspiration for the April 2020 Club Sursee subscription! Subscribe now to get next month's collection. The Basic Subscription will get you stamp sets. If you want coordinating and stand-alone dies, they will be included with the Deluxe Subscription.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

3 comments:

Daria Z. said...

Love both of these cards, Emily, but especially the one with trees!! Just fabulous!

Lindsey said...

These are both absolutely beautiful!

Purple Princess said...

Both cards are great!