Thursday, June 16, 2022

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | 5 Card Ideas feat. Triple Slim Boho Layering Stencil + Cutting Plate


Taylored Expressions has released the next in the Triple Slim Layering Stencil Series and you're going to love it! If you're already a fan of the Create-in-Quads Layering Stencils, then you're sure to fall in love with this new addition. I'm thrilled to be introducing Triple Slim Boho Layering Stencil, the second of the Triple Slim series. These work exactly like the Create-in-Quads but result in three mini slim cards, as opposed to four A2 cards.


I'm sharing five cards in my video. The first two feature the Triple Slim Boho Layering Stencil and new Boho Hellos stamp set. I selected Cupcake, Lollipop, Candy Corn and Sprinkles inks for my stencilling. The colours are cute, refreshing and perfect for summer cards!


I love looking at the finished panels and the different patterns are so cool, even before they're turned into mini slim cards. This first design covers two-thirds of the panel and consists of half circles and slashes.


I created a 3.5" x 6" card base from Lollipop cardstock and attached the stencilled panel with my tape runner. I stamped all five of the sentiments from the Boho Hellos stamp set in Oreo ink and die cut them using the coordinating Boho Hellos Dies.


I love the way the Boho Hellos Dies cut around the sentiments. The fonts are adorable and I can see myself using this set 'til the end of time! I stacked the sentiments two layers high just for a bit of extra dimension and to keep these cards flat for easy mailing because that's always a bonus.


For my second card in this set, I attached the stencilled panel to a Mini Slim Top-Fold in Oreo and added the sentiment to the open space in the centre. I really love the different sized half- and quarter-circles and addition to the half-rainbows in this pattern.


The last card to result from the Triple Slim Boho Layering Stencil is a full card pattern and it coordinates with the Mini Slim Half Dots Cutting Plate. It would cut out the half circles in this beautifully stencilled panel or you can create an overlay, placed in either direction.


I wanted to share different ideas for the Mini Slim Half Dots Cutting Plate so I made two cards using the plate and its parts. I used the cardstock version of the same colours, CupcakeLollipopCandy CornSprinkles, Oreo, Sugar Cube and gold glitter for these two cards.


The Mini Slim Half Dots Cutting Plate is extremely versatile and classic. You can use the main shape to create custom patterns of colour or you can use the individual pieces freely.


For the first card, I created a recessed pattern which was the opposite of what I had intended due to a glueing accident but I love the way it turned out. I also ended up white heat embossing the sentiment on Oreo cardstock and adding a gold glitter shadow for maximum impact.

For this last card, I created a Candy Corn card base and added 1/4" Easy Strips in Cupcake and Lollipop, as well as 1/2" Easy Strips in Sprinkles. Both sentiments are also from the Boho Hellos stamp set.

Thanks so much for watching!

Sources

No comments: