Tuesday, August 2, 2022

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Exclusives Release feat. Ring Around the Words + NEW Building Blocks

Taylored Expressions has a new Exclusives Release! This means there's a new batch of monthly freebies available for purchase and there are NEW coordinating products for these exclusives. My video features the Ring Around the Words dies, which were the freebie for March 2022. Also featured are the NEW Building Blocks - Ring Around sentiments.

I made three cards which feature each of the dies included in the Ring Around the Words set. I chose a set of colours and used different variations of that combo for these cards. Each card will feature either the inks, cardstock or both of the following colours: Watermelon, Pink Champagne, Rose Water, Sugar Cube, Oyster and Poppy Seed.


My first card features the Wish sentiment in Poppy Seed cardstock. I cut a panel from Oyster cardstock using the largest of the Stitched Rectangle Stacklets. Then I used the Easy Strips 1/8", Easy Strips 1/4" and Easy Strips 1/2" cut from Watermelon, Pink Champagne, Rose Water, Poppy Seed and gold glitter cardstock.


I stamped the Building Blocks - Ring Around sentiments with Poppy Seed ink on Rose Water cardstock and used the Building Blocks Die to cut them out and store them in a Simple Storage for Buildings Blocks container.


All of the layers were glued flat on the panel and the panel itself was glued flat to a Sugar Cube card base. The Building Blocks - Ring Around sentiment strip was popped on with foam strips for a bit of dimension.


This second card features a leftover die cut panel using the Rays Pierce & Cut Plate on Rose Water cardstock. When Rose Water was released, it immediately became one of my favourite colours. It works well with so many colours, including Watermelon, which the Love die is cut from. I used double-sided adhesive to attach it to the gold glitter die cut, as well as to the Rose Water panel.


This time, I stamped the Building Blocks - Ring Around sentiments with Poppy Seed ink on Sugar Cube cardstock and used the Building Blocks Die to cut them out and store them in the same Simple Storage for Buildings Blocks container.


To finish, I attached the panel to a Poppy Seed card base, popped on the Building Blocks - Ring Around sentiment strip with foam strips and added three enamel hearts. While I was making this card, I had forgotten about the Bits & Pieces - Hearts from the Like Gnome Other Kit but I've included it in the supply links below in case you're interested. Adding glossy accents to the NEW Little Bits - Wonky Hearts is another great idea!


For my third and final card, I also used another one of the exclusives, Squeeze the Day Stencil & Clear Combo, which was available in April 2022. This is one of my all-time favourite freebies because it's so beautiful! There are NEW coordinating Squeeze the Day Dies with this release so please check them out. If you have the freebie, you're going to need the dies!


I used Rose Water, Pink Champagne and Watermelon inks to stencil the lemons, turning them into the prettiest peaches. I also used Oyster and Poppy Seed to sponge the leaves. After cutting the stencilled panel down to 4.25" x 5.5", I attached it to a Sugar Cube card base.


The Hey die was cut from Pink Champagne cardstock and glued to a vellum panel cut from the largest of the Petite Scallop Circle Stacklets. I also glued two layers of the Hey die to the back of that to lift it up off the stencilled layer for a bit of dimension. I heat embossed the secondary sentiments from Building Blocks - Ring Around and added gold shadows.

I hope you enjoyed all of these ideas using the new exclusives and their coordinating products. Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

No comments: