Friday, August 12, 2022

Club Sursee by Catherine Pooler Designs | August 2022

If you're a Basic Club Sursee or Deluxe Club Sursee subscriber, you're going to love the tropical vibes of the August 2022 surprise! For these two cards, I chose Tutti Frutti, Buttercream, Sea Glass, Fiesta Blue and Macchiato. I stamped the images with black ink on Neenah heavyweight before watercoloring them with the inks listed above.


I used the Hey Tweetie stamp set with coordinating dies for this first card. The large sentiment was stamped with Sea Glass and the small sentiment was stamped with Fiesta Blue. I set all the images aside to dry while I worked on the background.


Using an A2 panel of Neenah heavyweight, I used blending brushes to add ButtercreamFiesta Blue and  Sea Glass. Then I splattered Fiesta Blue and gold paint across the background. After the panel dried, I ran it through my die cutting machine with the Head in the Clouds embossing folder.


To finish, I attached the panel to a white linen card base, popped on the images with foam tape and embellished with a few vintage shimmer pearls which match the Buttercream ink perfectly.


My second card features the Tropics Floral stamp set with coordinating dies. This set features solid images so I brought in a few extra ink colours to create an ombre effect. In addition to the colours listed above, I also used Orange Peel, Minted, Oh Boy!Macchiato and S'mores.


First, I used the 2-3/4" round acrylic block to create a watercolored splotch on the Neenah heavyweight base panel. Then I used the 4-7/8" x 6-1/8" acrylic block to create additional splotches in Fiesta Blue and  Tutti Frutti. When the panel was dry, I splattered gold paint across the background.


To stamp the images, I used ButtercreamOrange Peel and Tutti Frutti for the flowers, Minted with Sea Glass for the large leaves and Oh Boy! plus Fiesta Blue for the stalks. I used blending brushes to create a more seamless transition between shades.


Before adhering the stamped images to the base, I stamped the sentiment with Macchiato and S'mores inks. I also cut additional shadow layers of some of the flower and leaf layers from gold glitter cardstock. To finish, I added some sequins from the Vegas, Baby! sequin mix.

Catherine Pooler is offering a bonus stamp set with coordinating dies for new Club Sursee subscribers! This offer ends at 11:59pm EST on August 14, 2022.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies for Happy Bird-Day

Supplies for Sending Happy Thoughts:

No comments: