Tuesday, December 13, 2022

VIDEO | Taylored Expressions | Introducing the Best Mix Ever Cardmaking Kit


I don't think I've ever been this excited about a Taylored Expressions cardmaking kit! The Best Mix Ever Cardmaking Kit is a throwback to mixed tape days. If you're a music fan or a new fan of records and turntables, you'll be sure to love this versatile kit.


This kit is jam-packed with sentiments for so many occasions but the Mix Tape Dies are the star of the show! I followed the colour-theme of the kit itself but you can use whatever colours you want. Your tapes can be as simple or colourful as you like.


This first card features the Mini Strips - Mix Tape sentiments as labels, stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne on Sugar Cube cardstock and die cut with the coordinating Mini Strips Die.


I created a textured frame on the Sugar Cube card base using two of the Diagonal Stitch Rectangle Stacklets, which are probably the most-used dies in my stash. I love them so much!


To finish, I added three gold glitter hearts using the little embellishment dies which come with the Mix Tape Dies and I use different shapes on each of my three cards.


This second card features the Mix Master Background Stamp, which is so much fun and can be used in so many ways for other occasions such as birthday and congratulations. I stamped it in Versafine Clair Nocturne on Toffee cardstock for a bold look.


Since the colours are on this card are darker, I added white shadows behind both the cassette tapes and the sentiments, which were stamped from the Best Mix Ever Sentiment Set. The coordinating Best Mix Ever Dies for the large sentiments can be purchased as an add-on.


To finish, I added five gold glitter lightning bolts using the little embellishment dies which come with the Mix Tape Dies and I think they're so cute inside the letter Os in the sentiment!


My third and last card features one each of the two cassette tape designs featured above. This time, I missed the sentiments from both Best Mix Ever with coordinating Best Mix Ever Dies and Mini Strips - Mix Tape with coordinating Mini Strips Die.


I added extra shadows to the sentiment in Lollipop and gold glitter, which I also used for the little music notes. The secondary sentiment is also from the Best Mix Ever Stamp Set and I love the mix of three different fonts in that set.



Grab this kit before it's gone! Thanks so much for watching!

Supplies

No comments: