Friday, December 23, 2022

REEL | Marching Band Christmas Cards


It's almost Christmas Eve but everyone is pretty much hunkered down, trying to hide from the storm that's engulfed the city. I hope you're all staying cozy and finishing all your prep for Christmas Day! Schools were closed today which means these cards and gifts won't get to the teachers 'til after the holidays.


When this Simon Says Stamp and Wplus Stamptember Exclusive Band Camp was released in 2015, I snapped it up right away. My son was only seven then but he was already musical and I had a hunch this set would come in handy eventually. I'm pleased to say he's now in a high school Marching Band!

I stamped the images with Gina K Amalgam ink, coloured the images with Copic markers listed in the supply links below and added highlights with a Sakura white gel pen.

To create all the backgrounds, I heat foiled the Crossed Lines Glimmer Cardfront with Speckled Prism Hot Foil and Sparkle Silver Hot Foil on Midnight Green cardstock, as well as Opal Hot Foil and Speckled Prism Hot Foil on Fog cardstock.


For the sentiments, I heat foiled the Glimmer Wishes with Matte Silver Hot Foil and Sparkle Silver Hot Foil on white cardstock and Pitch Black cardstock. I attached all of the panels to white linen card bases. The embellishments consist of music note and star die cuts from silver glitter cardstock, metallic silver pearls and silver star sequins.


Since this adorable set is no longer available, there are two other band stamp sets that I highly recommend: Marching Band by Paislee Press and Merry Measure by Paper Person, which you can purchase as a clear stamp set in a kit or as digital files.

To see these sparkly cards in motion, please visit THIS reel on my Instagram feed. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

No comments: