Friday, October 27, 2023

Holiday Tag Set feat. Spellbinders 3D Embossing Folder of the Month | October 2023


Today is the last day to grab the Spellbinders October 2023 Club Kits and today's projects are a set of holiday tags featuring the 3D Embossing Folder of the Month - Flowering Christmas Tree Burst, along with the Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month -- Bouquet Full of Joy. 


The Flowering Christmas Tree Burst embossing folder has floral Christmas trees all over it and I decided to make tree tags using the Fluted Classic Rectangles. I love that there are three sizes with both inside and outside rectangles. I used the medium size for these tags and cut them from Alabaster, Rainforest, Fern and Glacier cardstock.


I used my distress sprayer to mist all the cardstock panels before running them through my Platinum 6 with Universal Plate System to get the most detailed impression of the Flowering Christmas Tree Burst. I love how different it looks in the four different cardstock colours.


Next, I used the Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month -- Bouquet Full of Joy with Aura Hot Foil on Rainforest and Fern cardstock; and Pewter Hot Foil on Alabaster and Glacier cardstock. Then I distributed the bows and tags on the embossed backgrounds so that all four cardstock colours were featured on each card.

(click on any photo to enlarge)

I attached each round tag to the bows with a glue dot and popped each pair on their respective tags with a foam square. Next, I used a slot punch at the top of each tag to attach black and white chevron ribbon with gold metallic cord.

These tags came to gather so quickly and I think next time I would add an extra layer at the back of the tag to strengthen it for the ribbon and even allow it to open for an inside message, versus writing one on the back.


Be sure to check out all of the amazing deals during Spellbinders Scary Good Sale, now through October 31, 2023. There are many items on my wish list that are 50% off!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: