Monday, October 23, 2023

Warm Wishes feat. Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month | October 2023


Today's featured product is Spellbinders October 2023 Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month -- Bouquet Full of Joy. I instantly fell in love with that bow because how could I not? Of course, I couldn't resist doubling it up in two colours.


My colour palette for this card is Rose Water, Raspberry Sorbet, GumballSweet Basil and Blue Corn. I meant to use Blueberry instead of Blue Corn but my two colour combos got mixed together. Thankfully, this works, too. Otherwise, I would've had to start over. ;)


I started by using Matte Silver Hot Foil on all four colours of cardstock, then die cutting them and setting them aside. I also cut two panels of Sweet Basil and Blue Corn cardstock using the Precision Layering A2 A Etched Dies. Between the two layers, I cut a piece of striped patterned paper from the Picket Fences 6x6 Paper Pad, which was included with the April 2023 Card Kit of the Month.


I was only going to embellish the heat foiled bouquet just a little bit but I couldn't resist adding all the poinsettia and foliage in coordinating colours. It looks so beautiful, doesn't it? I cut the poinsettia, leaves and evergreens from Christmas Blooms Etched Dies in Raspberry Sorbet and Gumball cardstock, respectively.


The two thin sprigs, berry spring and berries were die cut from Garden Builder Etched Dies from Gumball and Blue Corn cardstock, respectively. I altered the berries using textured versus plain dies to give it visual interest.

(click on any photo to enlarge)

All of the pieces were attached to the foiled bouquet using liquid glue and glue dots. To finish, I embellished the centres of the poinsettias and bouquet images with Bella Pearl Dots, which are a nice complement to the striped patterned paper.


Be sure to check out all of the amazing deals during Spellbinders Scary Good Sale, now through October 31, 2023. There are many items on my wish list that are 50% off!


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: