Monday, November 20, 2023

Spellbinders | November 2023 Monthly Club Kits

(click on any photo to enlarge)

Today, I'm sharing all of the cards I made for the Spellbinders November 2023 Club Kits and they are really amazing! There's a floral theme this month and I've combined the "Grand Stitched Blooms" Stitching Die of the Month, "All You Need Sentiments" Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month and "Criss Cross Motif" 3D Embossing Folder of the Month.


The first thing I did was pick a colour palette and the four main colours are Doll Pink, PomegranateLavender Glaze and Mulled Wine. Other neutrals and accent colours included in these cards are plain white, white woodgrain, Poppy Seed, glitter gold and mirror gold.


This first card features the "Grand Stitched Blooms" Stitching Die of the Month with all of the layers and dies shown. The flower also includes leaves leaning to the left which you'll see in the third card for other design options. 


I used coordinating embroidery floss from the DMC Color Essentials Floss Bundle Warm 10-Pack and DMC Color Essentials Floss Bundle Cool 13-Pack, plus an unknown maroon colour from my stash for the leaves.


For this card, there is only one layer of each die cut. I used 1/4" tape to secure the ends of the floss to the back of the dies and to stack all of the layers together. I split the back panel diagonally between Doll Pink and Pomegranate, then used the Precision Layering A2 B Dies to cut the white woodgrain panel. I used foam squares under the petals and liquid glue under the leaves and stem to adhere the flower.

For the sentiments, I heat foiled the "All You Need Sentiments" Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month with Speckled Aura Hot Foil on heavyweight white cardstock and die cut them using the coordinating dies that come with the kit. My favourite part of this kit is that it comes with 14 different sentiments that work for all occasions throughout the year!


My second card is a tribute to the "Criss Cross Motif" 3D Embossing Folder of the Month which could be considered floral but also fireworks for New Year cards. I've actually used the back side of it here because I felt this was better suited for the "Grand Stitched Blooms" Stitching Die of the Month without stitching.


The Poppy Seed panel was die cut using the Precision Layering A2 A Dies before I misted it with water and dry embossing it with the Universal Plate System in my Platinum Six.


Since this flower does not include embroidery floss, I stacked two layers of the individual flower petals in Doll Pink and two layers of the stem and leaves in Lavender Glaze. This time, I also offset the flower off the base of the stem and left the stitching leaves off the base. I love the look of the plain leaves since the rest of the elements are so detailed.


To add more gold to this design, I added several gold pearls in two sizes on the flower.


This time, I added a single Speckled Aura heat foiled sentiment from "All You Need Sentiments" Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month. I die cut a shadow from mirror gold cardstock that matches the stamen of the flower and popped it up with foam strips.


For my third card, I used the leaves from the "Grand Stitched Blooms" Stitching Die of the Month in both directions but only used the smaller part of the flower to create an entirely different look. I also only stitched the top part of the flower using DMC Light Gold Diamant Metallic Thread.


To increase the wow factor, I decided to feature the fourth colour as the background panel so I used both glitter gold and mirror gold to layer the leaves and stem. The individual glitter gold leaves were slightly offset from the mirror gold layer.


To create the background panel, I heat foiled the sentiment from Inside Card Glimmer Sentiments using Gold Hot Foil on Mulled Wine cardstock. Then I misted the bottom portion and partially embossed it with the "Criss Cross Motif" 3D Embossing Folder of the Month.


This version features the top side of the 3D embossing folder. After gluing the panel to the card base, leaving a strip of white exposed at the top, I attached the flowers to the card using foam squares under the flowers and liquid glue under the leaves and stems.


It's definitely hard for me to choose a favourite but it's a tie between the first card and the third card. I have extra pieces from die cutting the flowers from all four colours and could easily make more cards with this came colour palette! Which one is your favourite?


Be sure to check out all of the amazing deals during Spellbinders Black Friday Deals, now through November 27, 2023.


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: