Sunday, February 25, 2024

Lawn Fawn | Happy Purrthday!


I made this custom birthday card for one of my son's friends who just turned 16. You may recall THIS POST last year when my son was too embarrassed to give that card to the same friend. Well, things have completely changed and we now know that his friends all enjoy the cute things in life. They are, after all, cat owners!


I used six different stamp sets from Lawn Fawn to create the images and sentiments for this card! The adorable cats, speech bubbles and some of the sentiments are from the ever-so-popular Simply Celebrate Critters clear stamps and dies. The remaining sentiments, including the joke, are from the Dad Jokes stamp set. I love that Lawn Fawn offers so many different critter sets and add-on sentiments that you can mix and match to customize your cards. 


The cats were all coloured with Copic markers and I've listed all the colours in the supply links below. There are a lot but that's what it took to get the shading and colour variation perfect! I also used a white gel pen to add highlights to the ears and pink cheeks. The extra images stamped in Cove Blue ink are from Critter Concert (music notes), Tiny Sports Friends (soccer ball) and Meow You Doin' (paw print).


To create the background, I cut panels from Moonstone, Cornflower Blue and Noble Fir cardstock using My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX Set 1 Dies. Then I cut both the Moonstone and Noble Fir pieces using Spellbinders Color Block Scenic Scape Dies. After running the the Moonstone panel through with Concord & 9th's Cloudy Double Card Front Die, I glued all the pieces on to a Kraft card base and popped up the die cuts with foam squares.


Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies

No comments: