Sunday, September 17, 2017

{Hero Arts} Christmas Crystals + Joy to the World


For Day 5 of Kathy Racoosin's 30-Day Colouring Challenge, I shared this card on Instagram. It features Christmas Crystals, a retired set from Hero Arts. I love the shapes of these crystals and they can even be used as terrariums for so many of the succulent stamps available right now. Since this set is retired, I've included a couple of alternate stamp and die sets in my supply list below.


The crystals were heat embossed and I used daubers to add three different shades of each colour on the crystals, before splattering with water, as well as shimmer mist. I trimmed the crystals with scissors and attached them to the background panel with glue dots. Then I added silver string, sequins and enamel dots for further embellishment.


The sentiment is from a much-loved favourite called Joy to the World, also from Hero Arts.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sources:

3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Hi Emily! I haven't received one post from you in ages - can't explain it, but what a delight to receive 15 today, all at once!!!

May I just give you a broad sweeping "excellent, wonderful! fantastic"!? Well they always were, are, and forever will be! Now, I'm off to drool at bit... xx
=]

Purple Princess said...

Beautiful crystals

Miriam Prantner said...

I do love this set! Wonderful watercoloring and I love the splatters of water!